Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

`What is the worst game made into a movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `What is the worst game made into a movie?

With the release of the Resident Evil movie, I thought I would ask, as all movies based on video games inevitably suck, what is the worst of the bunch. I could only think of six off the top of my head, are there others that should be considered?
    Resident Evil
    0.00%
    Tombraider
    4.55%
    Street Fighter
    31.82%
    Mortal Combat (1 or 2)
    22.73%
    Final Fantasy Spirits within
    0.00%
    Super Mario Brothers
    40.91%
    other
    0.00%

if you mean which made the worst movie then it has to MK.Those were awful.There is no way that movie could sell a game.The game,however,could sell the movies.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

pc gamer uk did this, top 5 games not to be made into movies, these r the funny 1s:

civ: 20 gacier speed epic for machostics

cueball world: disturbing pychadelic short film about beize and floating gloves

Dark age of camelot: no plot, goes on forever, 1000 of unknown forign actors. confusing
      Just my 2p.
      Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
      Which shows you learn something every day.
      formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

There was another movie based on a computer game: Wing Commander

Comment

Damn, how could I possibly forgotten wing commander with its all star cast: matthew lillard, um was freddie prinze jr in that? god I hate those guys.

I also forgot double dragon, i think that was made into a bad movie as well

I personally voted for street fighter. It was just too awful, and was raul julia's last film, what a way for a decent actor to go out.

Comment

Wing Commander wasn't a great movie to me, but it did have its moments. The SE were good.

I actually didn't bother watching Street Fighter, as I got about 10 minutes into the movie and just couldn't stomach anymore of it.

Mario Bros. was atrocious! My gawd! WTH were they thinking? Besides the names of the characters, there is hardly anything that resembles the games.

The acting, SE, story, EVERYTHING about this movie is despicable.

Comment

Both SF and SMB were horrible

Comment

Am I the only person who actually liked the Final Fantasy movie? Sure, the plot was a bit jumpy and uneven, but it was far better than most movies nowadays. I thought it was pretty good. Of course, it would have been a lot better if it had been the CG cutscenes in an actual Final Fantasy game, with battles and normal scenes to round out the plot.

Comment

Would have to say SF... but Mario was definetly a close second.
                  What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Bruns
                    Am I the only person who actually liked the Final Fantasy movie? Sure, the plot was a bit jumpy and uneven, but it was far better than most movies nowadays. I thought it was pretty good. Of course, it would have been a lot better if it had been the CG cutscenes in an actual Final Fantasy game, with battles and normal scenes to round out the plot.
                    I liked it too, I even have it here at home, and I'm not even a FF-fan

Comment

I didn't mind the eye candy aspects... thought the story was hokey though.
                      What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

I like FF too; but I agree about the hokey story. Besides the hokeyness, it is great.

Comment

For me that would be Mortal Kombat II, the first one was great, but it was just way annoying watching the best fighter of MK to die in the first scene. Couldn't they at least make him die descently instead of dying stupid

I'd say Streetfighter was actually an ok movie, sure it wasn't the best, it was done a little to cheap, but else it was an ok movie

Now I haven't seen Double Dragon (Just haven't had the chance yet) or final fantasy (simply just hated the games), and SMB is way out of memory, but I just saw Tomb Raider yesterday, but that wasn't something special, the only reason to watch it is if you need a pretty girl to look at or if you're really into these Indiana Jones type of movies (I never bothered to play the games for more than five min)
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Street Fighter and Mortal Combat really sucked bigtime!

Is there any sense in making these kind of movies, if you know that they won't make it on the movie market?

But I'm kinda surprised that there's no Duke Nukem movie (yet).

Comment

I saw the second Mortal Kombat film not too long ago, and Street Fighter a little while before. I have to say that Mortal Kombat sucked much, much more.

In Street Fighter they at least try to write the characters into the script by giving them all jobs and stuff. Nothing like that in MK, just them appearing and leaving again with no rhyme nor reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X